Head, Climate Change Cluster
The incumbent will act as Head of the RRC.AP Climate Change Cluster, leading its strategy and portfolio development and overseeing the implementation of its programmes and activities, including management and development of staff. The incumbent will also provide technical inputs to other climate change adaptation- and mitigation-related initiatives implemented by RRC.AP, and advise other clusters’ activities as requested. In addition, the incumbent will assist the Director in the work towards the definition of RRC.AP’s broader portfolio and strategic partnerships, resource mobilization and resource management. The incumbent will report directly to the Director of RRC.AP.
The Programme Officer, under the supervision of the Head of the Climate Change Cluster, is expected to perform the following:
- Provide technical support to the formulation and implementation of projects and activities on climate finance, disaster resilience, and other capacity-building assignments;
- Monitor requests for proposals and similar opportunities and support preparation of bids and proposals by providing technical inputs, including drafting sections or segments of the proposal;
- Support the organization and convening of capacity-building events by providing inputs to agenda setting, preparing materials, engaging participants, and supporting administrative and logistical tasks as necessary;
- Conceptualize, develop, and facilitate a knowledge management system to deliver accurate information relating to past activities, projects, and work programmes as well as stakeholders and partners in a timely and efficient manner;
- Analyse current stakeholder engagement efforts and contribute recommendations for the work plan strategy of the climate change cluster;
- Prepare various written outputs, including reports, studies, policy briefs, publications and outreach materials;
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Head of the Climate Change Cluster.